Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Using gys-themed-categories but want the atahualpa header on top

Old Jun 4, 2009, 09:16 AM
blogmom

24 posts · Jun 2009
Hi all, I'm using gys-themed-categories to give the theme "Recipes-Blog" (http://www.templatepanic.com/article...ordpress-theme) to all posts categorized as Recipes. However this theme has its own header. For a consistent look, I would like to keep my atahualpa header, but have themed pages for recipes.

Can anyone help me with this?

(I already tried replacing <?php get_header(); ?> in the Recipes-Blog index file with <?php include (MYSERVERPATHTOATAHUALPA/header.php'); ?> but of course this didn't work since atahualpa's header needs all the other files and functions in its theme directory. I'm wondering if I need to make my own custom version of atahualpa and incorporate the Recipe-Blog theme files but that is a little beyond my hack understanding of php
Old Jun 4, 2009, 05:45 PM
Jaguwar

16 posts · Apr 2009
Athens, GA
Hey! Actually, I just answered that on this thread. You'll be able to see how it looks on my site, too. HTH!
Old Jun 5, 2009, 08:55 AM
blogmom

24 posts · Jun 2009
Thanks! And nice website too, cool that you homeschool as do I. Well it's not exactly what I'm trying to achieve though. For example, if someone clicked your Gardening category, then I would like to keep your black background "header" that is on the home page, but have the greenish style for the content area of Gardening Posts and Pages. In other words, the header from the home page is sort "static" regardless of the theme of the category (using gys plugin) being displayed.

I have achieved limited success by using the Embed IFrame widget. So basically I created a Page with only the iframe shortcode that loads the URL "http://mwsite.com/?cat=3" . It works, but since it's in an IFrame it looks ugly, divs don't line up, width is hardcoded. Overall just looks clunky.

Any ideas?
Old Jun 6, 2009, 04:55 PM
Jaguwar

16 posts · Apr 2009
Athens, GA
Ah! But just because the look is completely different doesn't mean it has to be. All I did was create a duplicate install with a different folder name, then customized absolutely everything, but only because I wanted to. You could have identical looks with just a different color scheme for the main content area, for instance.

Iframes are tricky, as you pointed out, they're not really designed for this, and if you accidentally view it in the visual editor, it's likely to just disappear on you! Not good....

If you want to give my method a try and need a step by step, lemme know!

Oh, and thanks for the positive feedback on my blog. I get quite a few hits, actually, but no one really bothers interacting... yet...