Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] noobie - tags hijacking my links

Old Jul 13, 2010, 10:25 AM
lyd753

7 posts · Jul 2010
los angeles
I just set up my wordpress blog for real estate and turned on all kinds of plugins. There's an auto tagger and maybe one plugin that makes some of the words in a post hyperlinks and takes you to a tag page. I see one issue that's going to keep coming up.
To make it easier to explain, the Tag I'm having problems with is "Downey". In one post "I have a nice house in Downey 3 bed 2 bath... " . Downey hyperlinks back to the Tag page that pulls everything related to Downey, that's nice. The issue is I have one page with Neighborhood Information that links to City pages. so click on LA, takes you to an LA Page; but when I click on Downey, it takes me to the tag page.
I can see how all the cities will eventually link to tag pages and not the individual city pages, how do I get them to not do that?
Old Jul 13, 2010, 10:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you need to go ask the author of the plugins
Old Jul 13, 2010, 12:48 PM
lyd753

7 posts · Jul 2010
los angeles
just in case it ever comes up, the plugin is TagPiG, it does auto tags and has an "Auto Tag Linking" feature that makes keywords within the post link to the tag archive page

I didn't want to turn the feature off so what I did on my static page, in order for the link "Downey" not show up as the tag "Downey", I added an "_" so on my static page, the link is now "_Downey" and I underlined it. The link doesn't get seen as a tag and the tag "Downey" in the posts still brings up the "Auto Tag Linking" archive