Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

HELP! Parse syntax error upon visiting site, can't log into site

Old Aug 3, 2011, 06:35 AM
jjguitar

9 posts · Jan 2010
I was informed early this morning from a friend that my website was down:

www.gravityny.com

When visiting the site, you are greeted with the following message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '"' in /home6/gravitz5/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions/bfa_footer.php on line 8

My login page, http://www.gravityny.com/wp-login.php, will not work either, so I cannot go into the dashboard to see what's going on.

Can anyone help???

Justin
Old Aug 3, 2011, 06:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Download a new copy of the theme to your computer
Unzip it
FTP to your host and check the date/time of the file, then rename footer.php to footer.old
Upload a fresh copy of footer.php

That should fix this issue, but you should investigate why it happened
I would download footer.old and compare it to a fresh copy to make sure you haven't been hacked

Did you make any changes to the site recently?
Old Aug 3, 2011, 10:54 AM
jjguitar

9 posts · Jan 2010
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll give that a try now and report back.

The odd thing is that I have not changed anything recently. It just decided to stop working. I added custom widget areas to the footer about a month ago or more, but that was the last thing I did to it.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 11:10 AM
jjguitar

9 posts · Jan 2010
Ok that seemed to work, the site is active again.

I've attached the two bfa_footer files (old vs new). The differences I can see are as follows:
1) The "old" one is using quotation marks instead of apostrophes (why would the syntax be different?)
2) There is some code I don't understand at the bottom

Maybe you or someone else could take a peek and explain this discrepancy?

Thanks again,
Justin
Attached Files
File Type: zip bfa_footer_files.zip (18.2 KB, 742 views)
Old Aug 3, 2011, 11:43 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Your site has been hacked - Tell your host

change your host password and your FTP password - check to see if there are any other FTP users defined

install a fresh copy of every theme you have in the theme folders and every plugin you have and install a fresh copy of WordPress

Check your database for any users you are not aware of, change any admin passwords you have

Do a google search for 'wordpress site hacked'

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

see http://markmaunder.com/2011/technica...humb-php-hack/
Old Aug 3, 2011, 11:51 AM
jjguitar

9 posts · Jan 2010
WOW...ok...I'll work on this, thanks
Old Aug 25, 2011, 04:18 PM
rickheck

139 posts · Oct 2009
I'd agree with JuggleDad....your site was hacked. Probably related to the TimThumb vuln. ... from a plug in (like the "Related Posts").

More info on my blog, as I have had to fix a couple of sites.

Note that this is not a fault of WOrdPress or Atahualpa theme...

See here, although lots of info on this hack on the Interwebs...

http://digitalchoke.com/digitalchokeblog/?p=415