Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

linked images in header overlay

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Oct 13, 2013, 12:07 PM
kdd

23 posts · Jul 2012
linked images in header overlay

I am attempting to create a home page that is a full screen image with text overlay to include a menu to the left. I have set my header image with the image that I am using for the background and am using the overlay option in the header area to add the text and menu. The text and menu are layer images from a photoshop file that I have separated. I have created a separate div in the overlay area for each layer I am working with and use absolute positioning and a z-index. I have been able to achieve the look I need but when I create links within the menu the entire header becomes a link instead of just the image of that menu item. For example, I have an image that is text that reads "About Us". I created the div, the <a href> , added the image link, shut off the </a> and again instead of just this image being the link the entire header becomes the link. I have the 'make header image clickable' option set to no.

Any help is greatly appreciated.