Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

category multi-post pages link to same name page

Old Jul 16, 2013, 02:51 AM
fullmetalgirl

32 posts · Aug 2010
category multi-post pages link to same name page

hi,

I'm trying to find a way to use %categories-linked('delimiter')% with it going to a normale page instead of the category page.

how can i make sure that
example:

website/category/categoryname (category multi-post page)
links to
website/categoryname (normal html page without a listing of posts)
Old Jul 16, 2013, 03:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You can't without editing the theme code and changing what that option does.

Categories can be assigned to more than one post
Old Jul 16, 2013, 03:19 AM
fullmetalgirl

32 posts · Aug 2010
i was afraid of that, you cant help me with that? like what do i need to change and how?
it would be a nice new feater to athualpa if it was added...
Old Jul 16, 2013, 03:44 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
it does what it is suppose to do. Remember each category can have multiple posts associated with it. For example if you have the category 'fruit' you might have a post about apples and another about oranges and another about grapes so looking from the category you would have
HTML Code:
fruit
 ** apple
 ** orange
 ** grapes
and lets assume you have a catefory of 'red' and you assign that category to 'apple' and 'grapes', then apples and grapes are associated with multiple categories.

the %categories-linked('delimiter')% (note the plural) shows the list of categories and when you click a category name it always takes you to a mullti post page showing all the posts in that category, even if there is just one post currently in the category.

my question is: What are you trying to do and why?
Old Jul 16, 2013, 04:47 AM
fullmetalgirl

32 posts · Aug 2010
I have a page, that contains 2 category lists of 2 diffrent categorys.
on that page are also some other specific for that page html items.

example:
Page "apples and grapes"

This is how my page looks like:
(sllideshow specific to this page)

Category "apples"
post 1
post 2
post 3

Category "grapes"
post 1 grapes
post 1 grapes
post 1 grapes

if i use %categories-linked('delimiter')% in post 1 grapes, it sends me to Category "grapes"
but i want it to send me to Page "apples and grapes" cause thats where i've listed them nicely.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 05:53 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Why don't you just put a link at the start of the text in each post linking to the page you want? simpler than having to edit the theme code each time there is an upgrade...

oh and if you really want to change the code, it is in bfa_postinfo.php