Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

CSS priorities when adding, for instance, widgets in footer....

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mar 18, 2013, 07:17 AM
drex

11 posts · Jan 2010
Social Bookmarks CSS priorities when adding, for instance, widgets in footer....

when I add widgets in footer, as per http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=19079, it works great.

I need to change the color of the text in footer widgets...

I tried various things, the last being in the widgets.css file:

/* FOOTER WIDGET AREAS */
.widgetarea-three {
text-align: left;
font-size: 14px;
line-height: 1.3;
color: #ffffff;
}

also tried same code as #widgetarea-three in styles.css but in any way it is all overwritten by aside#text4-widget.

So I understand that the overall widget style is overriding the particular default footer style I selected; how would I specify specific styles and where to override the default behaviors assuming i followed the coventions widgetarea-three, widgetarea-four, and widgetarea-five??

Thanks.