Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] How to show 1 specific header image on a static page and on Cat. pages

Old Aug 26, 2009, 08:23 AM
Sakshin

66 posts · Aug 2009
Amsterdam, Netherlands
[SOLVED] How to show 1 specific header image on a static page and on Cat. pages

The question is simple; for each page I would like to have a specific header image instead of rotating images. How can this be achieved? And I would like to do the same for categorie archive pages as well.

I'm using 342

Thanx, Sakshin.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 06:34 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
At Configure Header Area, instead of %image use

<div id="imagecontainer"></div>

Add CSS Inserts

For a default image

div#imagecontainer {
background-position:center top;
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-image: url(/path/to/image.jpg);
}

For specific pages look into the source code of each page for
<body class="page page-id-105 other-classname...">

Use a unique classname for page specific CSS Inserts:

body.page-id-105 div#imagecontainer {background-image: url(/path/to/image2.jpg)}
body.page-id-23 div#imagecontainer {background-image: url(/path/to/image3.jpg)}

... etc...
Old Aug 28, 2009, 10:05 AM
Sakshin

66 posts · Aug 2009
Amsterdam, Netherlands
I tried to implement the code above. The div replace the %image like this <div id="imagecontainer"></div>

And in the css insert I placed a few different option, none of them showing any image, the whole image field disappeared. What to doo?

div#imagecontainer {
background-position:center top;
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-image: url(/news/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header/header_home.jpg)
}

body.page-id-197 div#imagecontainer {
background-image: url(/news/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header/header_archief.jpg)
}

body.page page-id-2 div#imagecontainer {
background-image: url(/news/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header/header_about.jpg)
}

body.page page-id-187 div#imagecontainer {
background-image: url(/news/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header/header_contact.jpg)
}
Old Aug 28, 2009, 05:12 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Sorry use

<div id="imagecontainer" class="header-image-container"></div>

instead of

<div id="imagecontainer"></div>

If you want to add the opacity areas, which are missing now, use

<div id="imagecontainer" class="header-image-container">
<div class="opacityleft"> </div>
<div class="opacityright"> </div>
</div>

instead.

And, body.page page-id-2 is wrong, should be body.page-id-2
Old Aug 29, 2009, 12:11 AM
Sakshin

66 posts · Aug 2009
Amsterdam, Netherlands
I don't want to use the opacity, but it's good to know how to do that. And the images still don't show. gone, foetsie, away.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 09:16 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What's your url and where is the problem happening?