Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Multisite »

[SOLVED] Global changes for network

Old Aug 16, 2010, 06:59 PM
Dona

43 posts · Jul 2010
Hi,
I am using ATO 3.5.3 on WP 3.0. I installed a network, and ATO 3.5.3 in all the sub-directories. Is there a way to make global changes to all directories without having to go back and forth between them? In some sites I do want some differences, but the "general" look I would like the same in all.

So, is there a way to do both (make global changes and individual changes)?

Thanks!
Dona
Old Aug 16, 2010, 08:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Try this, make the changes in one, export the settings and import them into the others
Old Aug 16, 2010, 08:52 PM
Dona

43 posts · Jul 2010
Hi,
Sounds like a great idea, unfortunately, I cannot seem to find separate themes file for each sub-directory in File Zilla. I can only find the one for the main site, even though each site has some differences in the theme.
I have tried to get the files for the subdirectories separately, but File Zilla defaults to the main site.

The main site is: http://holisticservices.us
one of the directories is: http://holisticservices.us/holistichealing/

I cannot find the sub-directories in filezilla under the main site, and I cannot get the sites separately.

Do you know how can I find the separate files?

Dona
Old Aug 16, 2010, 09:25 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Dona... What you would need to do is set up a site with the features you want on all the sites and export that setting file. Then import that file into the other sites as a "starting point"
Old Aug 16, 2010, 09:36 PM
Dona

43 posts · Jul 2010
Thank you Larry,
I understood that part, it is how to find the individual files that I cannot find (to make individual changes, such as different headers and logos - etc).

Since all the sites have slight differences already, the separate files are somewhere - I just cannot find them.

Dona
Old Aug 16, 2010, 09:49 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
There are no separate files the changes are all done in the Theme Options.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 10:02 PM
Dona

43 posts · Jul 2010
ok, thanks.

I would like to have different headers/logos in each site. Is there some way that I can change the code to have it point to a different header or logo name?

If so, what would that be, and where would I put it?

If not, do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks
Dona
Old Aug 16, 2010, 10:09 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Are you using multisite?
Old Aug 17, 2010, 03:16 AM
Dona

43 posts · Jul 2010
I am using WP 3.0. I added a network to the system (super admin). I curretly have 5 subdirectories.

Dona
Old Aug 17, 2010, 03:20 AM
Dona

43 posts · Jul 2010
or were you asking if I was using a multiuser version of Atahualpa? I am using ATO 3.5.3. Is there a multiuser version?

Dona
Old Aug 17, 2010, 03:32 AM
Dona

43 posts · Jul 2010
me again. I am new to WP so, maybe I have mistaken multi-user with network. When I went to research how to make the WP handle multiuser I was directed to the area for a network. I thought they were the same, but maybe they are not?

Dona
Old Aug 17, 2010, 07:29 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You are indeed using the multisite functionality of WordPress and there are currently some issues with how that works with Atahualpa. One of those issues is not being able to select different header images for different sites. I don't have any information on when that will be fixed.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 03:22 PM
Dona

43 posts · Jul 2010
Thank you Larry.

I found a way around it (until a permanent fix is made for the header image). I put a "banner" picture in the logo field. It doesn't rotate images, but this gives me the ability to have a different header/logo on each site. I can incorporate a logo in the banner image.

Dona