Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Wordpress network feature > header problem!

Old Aug 12, 2010, 04:06 AM
JeromeH

21 posts · Aug 2010
Hi,

I'm using the 'network feature' of Wordpress 3 in order to be able to create several blogs in a same domain (example: www.mycompany.com/blog1, www.mycompany.com/blog2, etc). So far, so good!

But I would like to use different header images for each blog! But that doesn't work using Atahualpa since it will simply look up the shared 'header' folder and use the image(s) from there.

Wouldn't it be possible to explicitly designate a certain image file to be used as the header image?

Atahualpa really rocks with its flexibility though.

Thanks a lot!

Jerome
Old Aug 13, 2010, 12:42 AM
JeromeH

21 posts · Aug 2010
Really no suggestions?
Old Aug 13, 2010, 09:26 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
This has been noted as something that needs to be changed because of the integration of WPMU into WP 3 now called multisite. Atahualpa is looking for a WPMU file which is no longer there.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 02:14 AM
JeromeH

21 posts · Aug 2010
Ah, ok! Do you happen to know when such a change will be made?

Thank you.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 06:27 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I do not know when a change will be made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeH
Ah, ok! Do you happen to know when such a change will be made?

Thank you.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 06:31 AM
JeromeH

21 posts · Aug 2010
Hm, too bad. Seems like I can't use this theme right now then for my multi-blog site :/
Old Aug 18, 2010, 12:06 PM
Dona

43 posts · Jul 2010
Hi Jerome,
I found a solution to this by using the "logo image" as the header - it can be changed per site in the network (and adjusted in length).

Dona
Old Aug 19, 2010, 06:06 AM
JeromeH

21 posts · Aug 2010
Dona:

Good idea, I'll try it like that!
Old Sep 8, 2010, 02:06 PM
BitcaBaby

7 posts · Jan 2010
Problem is that the logo is going into /atahualpa/images/. For multisite use, we shouldn't be touching the theme directory at all so all images should be either in the media library or somewhere in blogs.dir. If the latter, there needs to be a way to upload images ala the media library, since one shouldn't assume an ftp client.

So, still figuring out what to do here...
Old Sep 9, 2010, 12:16 AM
JeromeH

21 posts · Aug 2010
bitca:

Well, I'm using logos instead. Works fine with me!
Old Oct 4, 2010, 11:05 PM
AussiAnni

24 posts · Sep 2010
Adelaide, Australia
The other thing you can do and it also addresses the problems of not touching the theme files is as follows.

Use one of the horizontal bars to place your header image. You can then style it on the "Style and edit header area" page.

To add an image you simply add the call

background: url(/your chosen directory/your chosen image.jpg);

See the example at http://australianaz.com

The home site has the rotating headers, but I have customised the directory site by using the bar1 as the header and the bar2 as the green divider line

You will need to adjust the bar height to fit the image height, but otherwise it should work just fine.

Last edited by AussiAnni; Oct 5, 2010 at 12:48 AM. Reason: to show an example that I was working on when I originally wrote the post