Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Running WordPress » Installing & running WordPress »

How do I install Wordpress onto a shared network drive?

Old Dec 7, 2010, 03:45 AM
Bassettsmith

1 posts · Dec 2010
I have access to a shared network drive which hosts our company intranet site. How do I put Wordpress on that drive and make it work? Our intranet runs on Linux server and there are already PHP and MySQL databases operating throughout the site but I don't know the passwords to access those databases.
Acai Thermo

Last edited by Bassettsmith; Dec 11, 2010 at 06:13 AM.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 06:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
This is not really a question that can be answered with out lots of information. You really need to take to your IT guys. But here is a little overview that may help you along

The URL of the site has to point at the folder that wordpress is installed in (the code not the database)
The wp-config.php file points at the database that wordpress will use.

So you need to have a database and a userid/pw for that database and I assume you need to go see your IT guys to get that part done.

hope this gives you a starting point. I would also head over to wordpress.org and read the installation guide so you know what is going on.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 05:14 AM
Brion30

1 posts · Dec 2010
Canutillo, TX
How to install the wordpress into the network drive?
Old Dec 8, 2010, 05:17 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
This is a question you should pose over at http://wordpress.org
Old Mar 9, 2011, 09:44 AM
forumist

2 posts · Mar 2011
Hi, WordPress works on LAMP servers. Other than Linux, PHP and mySQL, you gotta have Apache downloaded too.