Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Centering a gallery or slideshow with NextGen

Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:21 AM
yukoner

48 posts · Jan 2012
I've spent a couple of days now trying to figure out how to get a slideshow from NextGen Gallery to center on the center column to no avail.

Thus, I am asking for your assistance.

If I use the simple <center>[slideshow id=1 w=600 h=400]</center> it works in the browsers I have tried it in but I keep reading that it's not a good idea to use this for centering.

Anyone have a better solution?

Norm
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
nextgen has it's own CSS styling. You should look at the source of the page and find the gallery. Look for an ID or class that you can use and add a CSS to center it. (FireBug in FireFox)
Here is a link where you can read and test aligning block elements http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_align.asp
Old Mar 29, 2012, 07:18 AM
cabdziner

22 posts · Feb 2011
Try this...

Determine the width of your slideshow, then create a "div" and enclose the NGG shortcode inside of it.

Code:
<div style="width:350px; margin:0 auto;">
[slideshow id="x"]
</div>
Change the width to whatever works best with your slideshow image size.

This should work.