Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Title is different color on different pages

Old Dec 18, 2014, 07:25 PM
dabeed

30 posts · Nov 2012
Hi All -- on www.davidweiss.net, see how the title, davidweiss.net, is a different color on Home than it is on Sample Page. I checked, it's not that one link has been visited and one hasn't.

I may be able to standardise this with a little CSS, but is there something more basic that I may be able to tweak via the settings/options?

Thanks!

Wordpress 4.1
Atahualpa 3.7.18
Old Dec 19, 2014, 07:26 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
It is because to the rules of CSS precedence and the CSS Inserts you have.

To figure this out, copy all the contents of CSS insets to a text file and clear out the CSS Inserts.
Now go look at the page - is it the way you want?
if yes, add half the css back in, is it the way you want
Yes - add half of the remaining CSS in

keep doing this till it stops working then take that css out and add it in a bit at a time till you find the css that is causing the issue. Then you can fix that css.

you could also use FireBug in FireFox to find the issue, but if you want to learn some CSS, the first way is more instructive and you need to know how FireBug works to figure it out.

Once you find the CSS causing the issue, if you don't understand why, give me a shout.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 04:17 PM
dabeed

30 posts · Nov 2012
Fixed, thanks much!

For anyone interested, the default behavior is to have the blog/site title display in the grey color (666666), but I overrode that with
Code:
h2 a {color: black !important;}
Though this worked fine for the Sample page, for some reason it didn't work for the blog page, so I added:
Code:
.blog h1 a {color: black !important;}
Now all is consistent.