Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Intermittent problem with page menu bar bunching up

Old Jan 27, 2010, 03:36 PM
wardrob

32 posts · Jan 2010
Intermittent problem with page menu bar bunching up

Hi,

i just noticed as I was adding a few more pages that on some of the pages the page menu bar bunches right up and overlays itself. The problem does not repeat itself every time. I am using safari on a macbook, and the problem does not occur with my wife using firefox on a pc. Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Thanks
Old Jan 28, 2010, 01:24 PM
wardrob

32 posts · Jan 2010
Hi,

does anyone have any ideas at all about this one - it's really getting in the way of finishing a site off?

Thanks.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 04:22 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
What is the URL? What changes have you made to the page menu bar?
Old Jan 29, 2010, 12:22 PM
wardrob

32 posts · Jan 2010
Hi there,

the site is Pine Furniture Online.

The problem is definitely not always apparent, but it does happen on my own computer more often than not - I'm using Safari. I tried it several times at work on a pc and everything looked fine. Thanks for having a look - unless I can identify what it is and sort it I'll have to change themes. A shame as I really like this one.

cheers
Old Jan 29, 2010, 02:15 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa and WP?
what screen resolution are you using?
What is the vversion of Safari?
Is the probelm aparent using FireFox on the mac?
do you have a way to reproduce it?
looks fine on my G5 in Safari
Old Jan 30, 2010, 12:10 PM
wardrob

32 posts · Jan 2010
Hi,

I'm viewing it on a macbook pro 13" at 1280 x 800, Safari version 4.04
Atahualpa 3.4.4 and WP 2.9.1

It doesn't seem to be happening tonight however. When it does happen, it's like the category bar titles overwrite themselves so there's a couple of titles stacked on top of each other and the bar goes double wide at that point. I never noticed it with firefox on the mac, only safari.

I guess that really means it is a safari issue? But it seems to have gone away by itself for now, lol. If it happens again I'll do a screen grab. Thanks for helping

cheers