Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Widgets in right hand side missing on home page - not sure why!?

Old Oct 1, 2009, 10:11 AM
tobywinn

15 posts · Jun 2009
Hello, I have made a website for my village using the impressive Atahualpa theme, I seem to have done something and now the widgets don't appear in the Right hand side on the home page. They are on the other pages.

http://worldham.org

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Toby
Old Oct 1, 2009, 10:56 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I'm seeing widgets in the right on the homepage. Weather, Upcoming Events, Advertise, Newsletter.

Clear your browser cache and any backend caching you have and check again.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 12:08 PM
tobywinn

15 posts · Jun 2009
Thanks - I've checked on a couple of machines and think it might be an IE8 issue - it works okay in Google Chrome.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 01:21 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Yes, I looked at it in Safari and Firefox on a Mac. I hate IE, any flavor!
Old Oct 1, 2009, 03:34 PM
tobywinn

15 posts · Jun 2009
I seem to have done something to muck it up, not all my posts are appearing in IE on the homepage, they were as was the widgets. I really want them back and dont know how
Old Oct 1, 2009, 03:35 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I noticed that there is nothing after the post 'Worldhams' Dog Show 2009'
try this, unpublish that and the next post and see what happens

Edit: Ah HA! you did a copy and paste from WORD! That will mess things up in IE faster than you can say 'canine'! You need to edit your posts and get rid of all teh MS formating. Easy way is to copy the whole post, past it into notepad and save it as a TXT file. Then open it again in notepad and do a copy and THEN past it into the wordpress post

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 1, 2009 at 03:41 PM.