Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Static Home Page - Pages - Articles - Posts

Old Apr 16, 2009, 03:53 PM
ScottiedogDave

2 posts · Apr 2009
I Love Atahualpa- but trying to configure it to support a slightly different model. I need to have a static 'Home page' - the root of the site.

next, I need Articles - does every thing pages do, but I can control them with side navigation, keep them off of 'page' navigation

then of course 'posts'. From what I can tell at this point, Atahualpa only supports Page/Posts. Any Suggestions? Or am I missing something?

Thanks.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 06:44 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Posts ARE "articles", or what do you mean with "articles"? Posts and Pages are the 2 Wordpress types of entries and Atahualpa supports both. The posts won't be included in the Page Menu Bar. You can set a static home page at Site Admin -> Settings -> Reading -> Front page displays

Pages: static entries resembling the page model of traditional web sites with pages and sub pages

Posts: date based entries ("articles", "news"), categorized in categories and tagged with tags
Old Apr 16, 2009, 10:28 PM
ScottiedogDave

2 posts · Apr 2009
Hi Flynn-

Maybe I should clarify

I want my site to have 3 levels

site pages (about, contact, services, etc)

article pages (static content, how to's, etc)

blog posts (for daily gibberish)

I do not want to put an 'articles' link on the page menu, rather I want a separate side bar, like the posts widget. I have attempted to make this model, but doesn't seem to work.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
Old Apr 17, 2009, 06:10 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
So - technically - the articles would be static pages, too.

You can exclude pages by ID from the page menu bar and from the pages widget (which you'd put into a sidebar)

Page Menu Bar: Appearance -> Theme Options -> Page Menu Bar -> Exclude pages from Page Menu Bar?

Page Widgets: Appearance -> Widgets -> Pages -> Edit -> Exclude