Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Formatting Categories so that they line up

Old Jan 24, 2012, 10:20 PM
Pikkals

42 posts · Jan 2010
[SOLVED] Formatting Categories so that they line up

Hi there

I search through the threads and found and old case: Sidebar Widgets not lining up and applied 'a' fix by editing out the code for the *styling for categories and pages widgets* in the css. What it did was put extra bars all over the place. That is not what I want.

What I do want is that I just want it to line up, no extra bars. What do I do? Please help.

Thanks so much
Old Jan 25, 2012, 03:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is the URL?
Point to an example.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 03:13 AM
Pikkals

42 posts · Jan 2010
Hi there

I am running latest version of Atahualpa and WP

url is www.discerningtheworld.com

What I did was I /* "comment all the next rules up to "BFA SUBSCRIBE WIDGET" out */ in css.php and then the following happened...

Go look at the Categories (which I call Keywords section) on my blog. (Right hand column) - it's put bars all over the place.

All I wanted was for wrapped text to line up nicely by indenting

For example:

| African Independent Church
Movement

I want it to be:

->Movement

-> = to show that I want it indented and lined up
Old Feb 1, 2012, 11:12 PM
Pikkals

42 posts · Jan 2010
Hi there

I posted a reply the other day, did you get it? I don't see it anywhere.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 06:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
your post got caught by the spam checker and was being held for moderation.

First off, you should never edit the style.css with Atahualpa. there is a theme option (ato->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts) that allows you to add or override any CSS in the theme. The nice thing about this is next time you update the theme you don't have to worry about your changes disappearing. I suggest restoring the file to it's original state

Second, widget styling is controled by the theme options at ato->Style WIDGETS - in there you will find a section 'Widget List Items' try playing with the various settings and see what they do.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 07:44 AM
Pikkals

42 posts · Jan 2010
Ok I have played with the options there and it's not doing what I want...

My Keywords(Categories) Wordwrap to the next line because it's to long for the side bar.

For example: The word 'Movement' wordwraps to the next line....

Movement

I want it to be:

->Movement

-> is a space that I want (indented)

What do I have to do to get it to indent?
Old Feb 2, 2012, 08:10 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Nothing I can think off other than making the sidebar bigger so it is all on one line or adding a couple '& nbsp;' characters (they show as blanks) to move it over.

Web sites are not like word Processors there is not wrapping indent that I know of