Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Running WordPress » Installing & running WordPress »

[SOLVED] WP Admin login problem

Old Oct 2, 2009, 06:18 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
When I went to bed last night, the site was working fine. My partner, Judy, was up very late putting the new issue's articles online, and she had terrible problems all night. She was not able to login at the wp-admin page for the longest time. I'm having the same trouble now. What could be causing it? She was able to get in intermittently overnight and managed to get the issue put together.

Just now, I was able to get in via an email about a comment needing approval. Any ideas what I should do? Ah. Just now, I got into Dashboard, after sitting looking at the login screen for about 15 minutes.

In desperation, thinking there was some kind of new plugin glitch, I went in via FTP and deleted the Register-Plus and WP-Captcha Free plugins, although they had been working fine before.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 06:28 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Paulae, send me a PM with your phone #

just tried http://www.larchmontgazette.com/wp27/wp-admin and logon popped up

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 2, 2009 at 06:30 AM.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 10:37 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
The hosting company support guy just emailed me. Turns out they were having database server issues last night. While that's not good, I'm glad it wasn't something we did on our end! Thanks for your help.