Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Theme not downloading security plugins

Old Sep 28, 2009, 02:42 PM
Craig Mattice

75 posts · Apr 2009
Richmond, VA USA
Send a message via MSN to Craig Mattice Send a message via Yahoo to Craig Mattice Send a message via Skype™ to Craig Mattice
I've spent the best part of today trying to get security related plugins to download and install automatically into WordPress current version. Using 3.4.3 of this theme is hangs on download and blocks my Tiny MCE Advanced for executing. They also lock up my dashboard throwing a 500 server error.

I do not have any problems when I switch to the default WP theme. When I attempt to switch back to this theme I lose my entire WP access getting a 500 server error.

I'm looking for any assistance on this. My searches on this forum and Google have produced nothing that works.

Thank you,
Craig
Old Sep 28, 2009, 03:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
check the server log and find out what is happening

Did you check on the php version? 1and1 defaults to php4 - there is a FAQ (on the 1and1 site) explaining how to add an entry in the .htaccess to get it to run php 5

From the FAQ

Quote:
What do I need to consider if I want to use PHP 5?

With 1&1 Linux hosting packages you have the choice between PHP 4 and
PHP 5. To distinguish a script as PHP 5, simply name the script with the file
extension .php5.

While the PHP developers have done their utmost to ensure compatibility, we cannot
guarantee that PHP 4 scripts will function 100% correctly under PHP 5.

Please note that in contrast to PHP 4, the default for the variable RegisterGlobals
is "off".

By default Apache uses PHP 4 for .php extension. If you don't want to rename all your
scripts to .php5 you can do the following:
Create a .htaccess file and place the following line AddType x-mapp-php5 .php in it.

This will tell Apache to use PHP 5 instead of PHP 4 for the extension .php in the
directory the .htaccess is placed and all sub-directories under it.

You can use AddHandler x-mapp-php5 .php as an alternative for or instead of
AddType x-mapp-php5 .php

Last edited by juggledad; Sep 28, 2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 12:01 AM
Craig Mattice

75 posts · Apr 2009
Richmond, VA USA
Send a message via MSN to Craig Mattice Send a message via Yahoo to Craig Mattice Send a message via Skype™ to Craig Mattice
Thank you for posting and responding so perfectly to my challenge. You seem very goo at doing that, I've noticed.

I just posted this exact response on the other thread. Thank you for sending me there or I would never have thought to do so. Now twice as many people will now benefit from my challenge and your on target wisdom.

Only, they won't get to spend several hours trying to figure this out on their own.

Thank you again,
Craig