Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Parts of Page Spilling Off To The Right Of Screen.

Old Jul 13, 2009, 03:32 AM
Juslyn

13 posts · Jul 2009
Parts of Page Spilling Off To The Right Of Screen.

Hi there,

Just having a few problems with regards to resolution/window size.

On smaller screens or when the browser window in minimized, certain elements of our page are spilling off the right of screen (namely the logo area and the content gallery at this stage) and the rest of the page seems to be resizing to fit the window.

Is there any way to get some consistency with this?

The site is in its very early stages and we're yet to make any real changes - http://www.lynnandjustin.net

Hope that makes sense.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, we're both very new to this! (Excellent theme by the way, we're enjoying it so far).

Cheers,

Lynn & Justin.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 04:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) move to Atahualpa 3.4.2
2) set CSS and JS to Internal and compress to NO
3) How did you add your logo
4) What plugin and how did you add the content to post 1
5) what version of WP
Old Jul 13, 2009, 06:14 AM
Juslyn

13 posts · Jul 2009
Hi juggledad, I appreciate the response.

Just to go through your points:

1) Completed.

2) Set.

3) I uploaded the image to /wp-content/themes/atahualpa342/images and placed the filname into "Theme options" > "Style & edit header area" > "Show logo image". Margin below that in "Logo image styling" is set to 10px 0 10px 20px.

4) It's the Featured Content Gallery plugin. I followed the instructions as per post #19 in this thread. I set the gallery to a width of 700px and a height of 300px to fit into the center column.

5) Wordpress 2.8.1

Thanks.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 12:24 AM
Juslyn

13 posts · Jul 2009
Just a follow-up to the above:

Moving to 3.4.2 seemed to kill the Featured Content Galley, leaving a white box with a black outline. Being a novice I have very little idea of what these functions actually do, but switching the CSS & JS back to external brought back the Content Gallery. Still having problems with the smaller screen/minimized window however.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 03:45 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Your content is just too wide. Flash is not being resized by Atahualpa, and images in the header are also not being resized (only images inside posts, if they were included through the WP editor, in "full size").

Either set a min width at "Style & Configure LAYOUT" -> "Layout MIN width" of around 1300 or so, or reduce the width of something in the header plus the FCG box. You could also change the width to something higerh than 90% to gain some horizontal space. You should make sure that you site is viewable at 1024px monitors without hor. scrolling. For that it should fit into 1004 pixels.

In the header you can gain some space by reducing the number at RSS Settings -> RSS Box width, or turn off i.e. the comments icon at RSS Settings -> Show Comment Feed icon? (and reduce "RSS Box width" even further) and put a comment RSS link into the footer at Style & Edit Footer -> Footer: Content

TO make the FCG auto-resize add a CSS Insert

#myGallery, #myGallerySet, #flickrGallery {
width: 100% !important;
min-width: 400px;
max-width: 700px;
}

That will not work in IE6, for that edit js.php and replace

jQuery(".post img").each(function() {

with

jQuery(".post img, #myGallery, #myGallerySet, #flickrGallery").each(function() {

That should resize FCG in IE6, too but only on first page load, it won't be resized if a visitor resizes the window after the page was loaded.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 03:46 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juslyn
Just a follow-up to the above:

Moving to 3.4.2 seemed to kill the Featured Content Galley, leaving a white box with a black outline. Being a novice I have very little idea of what these functions actually do, but switching the CSS & JS back to external brought back the Content Gallery. Still having problems with the smaller screen/minimized window however.
Still looking at the FCG issues.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 08:54 PM
Juslyn

13 posts · Jul 2009
Hi Flynn,

Worked a treat, thanks very much for the fixes! Thanks also for the header suggestions, we'll just work with those and sort out a few compromises - shouldn't be too much of a big deal though.

Really appreciate the work you do here.

Cheers,

Lynn & Justin.