Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Atahualpa 3.7.12 Theme Options

Old Nov 2, 2013, 05:32 AM
Freedombuilders

5 posts · Jan 2011
I'm not sure what happened, but when I updated from 3.7.10 to 3.7.12 theme Theme options page is totally borked and most confusing to read, nevermind actually do anything.

I've uploaded an image to illustrate an example.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1419
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	2436  
Old Nov 2, 2013, 07:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Try resetting your permalinks
Old Mar 25, 2014, 08:43 AM
EasyHiker

55 posts · Jul 2010
Got the same problem as shown on screenschot supplied by initial poster. Tried all the solutions you suggested (permalink and plug-ins off) No success. Tried installing Atahualpa 3.7.13, header totally lost! Tried installing Atahualpa 3.7.12, same messed up ATO page.

I'm now on Atahualpa 3.7.9. Should I update first to 10, then 11 then 12? If yes, where do I download these earlier Atahualpa files?

Is this a bug? If so, please point me to the fix!

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 25, 2014, 10:43 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
At this point you can just go to to 3.7.13. Then click the save on the header and footer areas which should fix the header and footer not showing issue. Then see how things are.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 11:15 AM
EasyHiker

55 posts · Jul 2010
I also get the same ATO page (as in the screen shot provided above) when I upgraded to 3.7.13 so I rolled it back to 3.7.9. I'm nervous that if I click save on anything, I would not be able to roll back to the old one if things don't work out right. Is this fear grounded? Can I roll back to the old version anytime?

Why is this update bugging? Previous updates didn't cause so much headache.

Thanks for the response, Miles.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 11:57 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I never roll back to earlier versions. I don't think clicking the save button will do anything to prevent you from reverting to an earlier version but since I have never done it I can't say with absolute certainty.

The best insurance to let you move back is a complete backup with a tool like BackupBuddy.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 12:24 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
After you do your backup, update to 3.7.13 and go to the header configuration and hit save. Do the same for footer and center area. This has been answered a couple times before.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 03:05 PM
EasyHiker

55 posts · Jul 2010
I did look in the forum first before coming here, JD. Should I hit save even if the ATO page is all wonky? (Pls see screen grab made by original poster).
Old Mar 25, 2014, 04:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'd look to see if it is a server memory issue. Check your server's error log.
What happens if you disable ALL your plugins?
Old Mar 26, 2014, 02:38 AM
EasyHiker

55 posts · Jul 2010
Tried it twice with both versions (3.7.12 and 3.7.13) with all plug-ins deactivated, once BEFORE and another time AFTER activating the new versions. No change. ATO page still unusable. Tried also by deactivating the latest plug-in I installed. No change.

I've checked my server error log and there's zero error.

What happens when I activate new versions:

If I activate version 3.7.13, I lose the header and menu bars entirely and the ATO page is wonky. Can't change anything.

If I activate version 3.7.12, I have the banner and menu bars but the ATO page is again as wonky (as per screen shot provided by first poster above). Also, the banner area/image has shrunk despite the fact that I uploaded the same image as used in version 3.7.9

I'm on the latest WP version.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 03:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
See post #7 - did you do that?
Old Mar 29, 2014, 10:19 AM
EasyHiker

55 posts · Jul 2010
JD,

sorry to report that I tried to save both in the wonky ATO page and nothing has changed. i've tried all the solutions available in the forum - your solution, disabling plug-ins, - all to no avail. Not changed the wonky ATO page, not brought back the lost header and menu bars.

it's rather discouraging because I really want to update to the latest version.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 12:12 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
if you send me a PM with an admin ID/pw I'll poke around a bit
Old Mar 30, 2014, 09:26 AM
EasyHiker

55 posts · Jul 2010
Done! Sent you what you requested!
Old Mar 30, 2014, 04:06 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
It looks like you eithor didn't install all teh theme files or there is a permission error on some of the files.

Use the NET option in Firebug on the Atahualpa Themes Options page and you will see a number of 404's reported for files that should be available. For example, this is reporting as a 404 'Not Found'
HTML Code:
http://easyhiker.co.uk/wp-content/themes/atahualpa3.7.13/options/ata-admin.css?ver=2011-04-28
You should also get rid of some of the extra copies of Atahualpa you have in the theme folder.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 01:50 PM
EasyHiker

55 posts · Jul 2010
Thanks JD. I only uploaded the Atahualpa folder that I downloaded from Wordpress. I did not remove anything. Is there anywhere else I can download the new version?
Old Mar 31, 2014, 02:24 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
did you downoad it and manually install it?
or did you downloadit directly from Wordpress to your site?

if you did the second then it should all be there but I'd use an FTP program to verify all teh files are there and check their permission.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 02:26 AM
EasyHiker

55 posts · Jul 2010
I downloaded it, unzipped and followed your instructions in uploading it via FTP. Didn't touch any of the folders nor did any changes. I uploaded the header image AFTER I've uploaded the files.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 05:02 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Did you check the file permissions?

Did you check the servers error log?
Old Apr 6, 2014, 02:30 AM
EasyHiker

55 posts · Jul 2010
Hi JD,

There is no server error nor file permission errors (403?) on my side. Removed all old Atahualpa versions. Problems persist - no header, wonky ATO page where I can't edit anything. When I upgraded to 3.7.9, I also uploaded it manually via FTP and had no problems at all. I only did the manual upload for 3.7.13 the same way I did for 3.7.9. I've changed NOTHING in the original 3.7.13 folders (downloaded from WordPress), uploaded the header image only after the file transfer was done.

Perhaps I'll try 3.7.15?
Old Apr 6, 2014, 04:10 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Not sure what is happening but I'd need FTP access and WordPress admin access to figure this one out. With your permission, I'd make a complete backup of the site and install it on my server to see if it runs there and I'd also check to see if 'magic-quotes-gpc' is turned ON (it been known to cause problems when it is on)
Old Apr 6, 2014, 05:02 AM
EasyHiker

55 posts · Jul 2010
Will PM you all that's necessary for FTP (using Filezilla) and the admin id, etc.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 05:49 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
It will be a couple hrs before I can look at it, I'm off to church for a couple hrs now.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 12:36 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
The problem was that you named the atahualpa folder 'atahualpa 3.7.13' the space was causing the problem. Changing it to 'atahualpa3.7.13' and everything works.

At this point I recommend that you just use 'atahualpa'. The reason for manually installing was because you would lose the images you put in the theme folder, but now that you can put them in a different folder you don't run that risk anymore, so the only reasons for doing a manual update is
1) you have modified the theme code
2) you have a plugin that requires something be put in the theme folder
3) you want to have absolute control when the update is done.

just make sure you don't put spaces in the folder or any file names.

Last edited by lmilesw; Apr 6, 2014 at 01:21 PM.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 02:46 AM
EasyHiker

55 posts · Jul 2010
Seems OK now. A big THANKS, JD. Donation to follow!