Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Struggling with Page2cat vs Atahualpa 3.4

Old Jul 9, 2009, 07:16 PM
papabeargrowls

6 posts · Jul 2009
Sometimes I would like to add a post to a page other than the "Home" page.
I downloaded & activated plugin Page2cat, I set up a "Recipe" category, I set up a "Recipe" page,
then in "Category Pages" I connected the Header Page "Recipe" to the Host Category "Recipe".
But, when I add a new post & assign it the "Recipe" category, the post still appears on the "Home" page instead of the "Recipe" page. WP v2.8.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 04:25 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The 'Home' page or blog page is a landing spot for ALL your posts. If you don't want to have a certian category of posts show up there, you could create a page for the category 'Uncategorized' and then in dashboard->settings->reading set that page as your homepage. This way, only Uncategorized posts would show up there.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 08:35 AM
papabeargrowls

6 posts · Jul 2009
I was afraid of that, because I was hoping to be able use Atahualpa to blog on three unrelated topics. PaPa Bear generally growls about what he sees on a daily basis, but he would also like to post his views on grilling & music on separate pages.

Any ideas about how I could achieve this structure & keep all three within the Atahualpa theme? Or, will I have to split them apart and have three separate blogs that I have to link back & forth to?
Old Jul 10, 2009, 10:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
setup one catagory called 'Music', one called 'grilling', and one called 'growling'
Next create Three pages called MUSI, GRILLING and GROWLING
use page2cat for those pages and everytime you post, select one of the categories.

The only thing left is to decide which page to make your 'landing' (or home) page
Old Jul 10, 2009, 01:48 PM
papabeargrowls

6 posts · Jul 2009
Well, that's what I thought I did (ref: my original thread post above), but it didn't seem to work. Any idea what I could have done that was wrong?
Old Jul 10, 2009, 02:54 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
on your pages like Music, did you add the [catlist=x] where x=id of the music category?
Old Jul 10, 2009, 08:33 PM
papabeargrowls

6 posts · Jul 2009
I inserted <code>[catlist=14]</code> in the html code of a RECIPE page. The result was when I added a post with a RECIPE category, the full RECIPE post appears on the "home" blog page and only a link to the post appears on the RECIPE page. The result I really wanted was to have the full RECIPE post appear only on the RECIPE page.
Any idea what I did wrong?
Old Jul 11, 2009, 05:32 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Try just having [catlist=14] get rid of the <code></code>