Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Video Links, Uploads, Embedding don't show up in Posts

Old Jun 3, 2010, 10:58 AM
mbutler

2 posts · Jun 2010
Send a message via Yahoo to mbutler
Can you please help me get my youtube videos to appear in a post? I've read all through here today, and can't seem to find the right answer.
I installed Smart Youtube plugin. Still the posts are blank or there is just a link appearing. I've tried uploading using the youtube url and I have tried embedding.
Thank you
Old Jun 3, 2010, 11:25 AM
mbutler

2 posts · Jun 2010
Send a message via Yahoo to mbutler
4th try, I found a plug in that works. Still confused as to why the embedded code doesn't work in a post though.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 10:13 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The video embed capability in WordPress is turned off by default. You can turn it on but I found this plugin to be even easier and not open the potential problems with turning on the capability to directly embed YouTube videos. All you do with this plugin is add [embed] before the link and [/embed] after it.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 02:32 PM
dragonflysadler

1 posts · Sep 2011
It says that the plugin can be dangerous and that other's can post malicious videos. Is there any other way?
Dragonflysadler

Last edited by dragonflysadler; Sep 9, 2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 02:51 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
That is a year old post and there are certainly newer and better plugins for embedding vids. The best bet is to do a search on wordpress.org and try out a few.