Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] wp-admin login fails, changed default directory

Old Nov 14, 2009, 05:40 AM
roekoe

6 posts · Mar 2009
Hi All,

I've made a mistake in the configuration in the atahualpa settings. There is an option in wordpress to change the default directory. i can't remember the name of the option, but i think it is the settings. i've change the default to directory to my with site with the page id "?page_id=2" behind it. So my default site is now www.meerdanschoonheid.nl/?page_id=2. what happens is that i can't access wp-admin anymore. So when i type www.meerdanschoonheid.nl/wp-admin i will get a redirect to http://www.meerdanschoonheid.nl/?pag...%2Fwp-admin%2F.

does anyone know get it back to default so i can wp-admin again? what should i resote from back-up?
Old Nov 14, 2009, 06:30 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
This is a WordPress setting, not Atahualpa. You can restore your database and loose all changes since that backup, or you can change it back but it will take changing a row in your database. How comfortable are you doing that?

If you are comfortable, first off BACKUP YOUR DATABASE. Is that done? Ok, now you can use phpMyAdmin to edit the wp_options table. One of the first couple rows had the blog address and another has the url address. you need to edit the row and change it back to what it was. Then you should have access again.

(see me PM to you)
Old Nov 14, 2009, 09:37 AM
roekoe

6 posts · Mar 2009
Thanks for you replay. I use webmin and i found the data in wp_options and put it back to default. I can login again.

Guess i owe you one. many thanks for your help.

gr. Michael