Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Topic / Category Template

Old Oct 8, 2009, 07:04 PM
baszero

6 posts · Oct 2009
Hi,

I wanted to have a special rendering for single pages of a certain category, so I extended the index.php of this theme.

This works great. Now I would like to reuse the same code for the category-9.php file (given ID=9 of that category).

Would it be possible to move the whole code to category-9.php and include it somehow from the index.php? Have not found anything about this...

thanks
Old Oct 9, 2009, 05:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
why not make a copy of the index.php and create a template from it? Just make sure to add
HTML Code:
<?php
/*
Template Name: xxxxxxx template
*/
 ?>
<?php // Do not delete these lines ?>
------
to the begining (where xxxxxxx=the name you want to use), customize it and store it in the Atahualpa folder. Then add a page and select it from the templates.