Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Can you put a large Header image behind the Body Content of the Page?

Old May 14, 2010, 08:08 PM
rhythm

32 posts · Jan 2010
Occasionally I find a large image I'd love to use as my header, but it's very tall, sometimes 400px-600px. Rather than crop it down to 150 or 200 px height, is there a way to use as my header, but have it continue past the header position down into the body...so that the lower part of the image forms a background behind my page menu, sidebars and body content?
Old May 14, 2010, 10:38 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Just add the image to the Body Style box and make sure the center column and sidebars have no background colors or images in them. Also make sure this background image is not too big (file size not pixels) or your page will load slow.
Old May 14, 2010, 11:23 PM
rhythm

32 posts · Jan 2010
Thanks Larry
By adding it to the Body Style box in this way, will the image stretch up to the top and fill the Header image area? Or do I need to make any other adjustments in the Layout of Header Image options pages, or adjusting padding/margin settings?
Old May 15, 2010, 06:04 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Above the background body box there is an example of how to display a background image. I would suggest putting one in and seeing what happens and then experimenting with various parameters for that background line. You can read more here. Scroll down until you see "Background - Shorthand property".