Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

strange thing in sidebar

Old Jul 28, 2009, 04:36 AM
ciocchi

28 posts · Mar 2009
after upgrade to 3.4.1 in wp 2.8.2 I found that sidebar also left and right come with widget that i cannot eliminate via the standard widget panel. Infact I cancel all widget in sidebar but nothing appen and I found the two sidebar with the widget.
seee in www.nerofratta.it
can someone help me?
thank
Old Jul 28, 2009, 04:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The Atahualpa theme handles widgets this way. If there is no widget in the left sidebar, it displays the two default widgets (Categories & Archives) If there is no widget in the right sidebar, it displays three default widgets (Recent Posts, Blogroll & Meta). Once you add a widget to a sidebar, it will no longer display the default widgets FOR THAT SIDEBAR. To remove the default widgets for both sidebars, add a widget to each side and the default ones will be gone.

To verify this, do this: First add a widget to the left sidebar and veiw the page, you will only see your widget in the left sidebar, but still see the other widgets in the right. Now add a widget to the right sidebar and view the page, you will now only see the two widgets you have added.

Last edited by juggledad; Jul 28, 2009 at 05:10 AM.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 01:41 AM
ciocchi

28 posts · Mar 2009
ok thanks, but if dont want a left or right sidebar?
Old Aug 5, 2009, 02:22 PM
mcphoto

120 posts · Apr 2009
If you mean "what if I don't want widgets in the sidebar"...

Just drag an instance of the text widget into the sidebar; if that doesn't eliminate the default widgets, add something to the text (not headline) area of the widget like:

Code:
<p></p>
That should give you a blank sidebar (works in older ATA versions anyway!)
Old Aug 6, 2009, 03:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
if you don't want the sidebar, you can shut them pff for the different pages see ATO->Style & configure SIDEBARS and turn off the pages you don't want to see the sidebar on.