Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

[SOLVED] Posts won't open in single page. Says "Not Found"

Old Aug 17, 2010, 09:46 PM
chipcain

9 posts · May 2010
[SOLVED] Posts won't open in single page. Says "Not Found"

I am all but ready to open a website to the search engines but a found an issue that needs fixed first.

My site has two post on the front page and when I click on the post heading it doesn't open the post in a single page as expected. It just says "Not Found. Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here."

And on all but the front page the categories are shown in a sidebar. Clicking on a category opens related posts to a page showing an excerpt and then "Read More." Clicking on read more brings the same error as in the paragraph above. I have gone through my settings and see nothing that would cause this. I tried to search this forum but could find my specific problem: I hope someone can help.

I am running WP 3.0.1 & Atahualpa 3.5.3 My website is www.harrisburgcameraclub.org

Thanks,
Chip
Old Aug 18, 2010, 06:47 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Check your permalinks. It should be /%postname%/
Old Aug 18, 2010, 07:16 PM
chipcain

9 posts · May 2010
you're right and that was indeed the problem. I had the custom setting wrong. Works like a charm now. Thanks bunches!