Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Drop down menu not working

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Oct 11, 2011, 07:41 AM
runtosave

12 posts · Oct 2011
[SOLVED] Drop down menu not working

I am a new user using atahualpa 3.6.7. Installed everything 3 weeks ago.

I have added categories and sub categories to the menu baar, but no matter what I do they sub categories do not show up on the main menu bar as a drop down to the main category. I have made two dummy posts and put them under categories and sub categories and the cats show up under the posts, but still nothing on the menu bar for any child categories. I do have them under parent categories in the menu.

Someone suggested I switch to twenty eleven to do this portion, I tried it and it totally did not show any categories on the menu bar at all on that theme with no other changes.

I don't know what I am doing wrong as I have googled, followed tutorials, etc and still no drop down menu.

If I add %bar2 to the header area I can then see the subcats, however its in a different bar without the pages. Hoping this clue will trigger something.

Any suggestions would be helpful

www.runtosave.com

Thank you in advance

Oh, and I am a true newbie...

Last edited by runtosave; Oct 11, 2011 at 07:51 AM.