Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Page Home link to external url

Old Jan 14, 2011, 03:26 PM
ross_37

5 posts · Nov 2010
Page Home link to external url

I have just upgraded to 3.6.1 to try and find how to link "page home link" to another website. In effect return to the main site

Can any one assist
Old Jan 14, 2011, 03:38 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Use the WordPress menu system and create a custom menu item called home with a link to the site you want as in this screen shot.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 04:36 PM
ross_37

5 posts · Nov 2010
I agree that this would work however l am unable to get the "home" page to be highlighted i.e. hover or selected colour
http://www.direct-voiceanddata.com/news/
Old Jan 14, 2011, 09:16 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
It highlights when I hover over it.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 03:19 AM
ross_37

5 posts · Nov 2010
yes you are correct. What l was hopeing to achieve was that when you initially entered the blog it was highlighted like the hover telling people the page you were on or had entered to. Currently it is black
Old Jan 15, 2011, 05:09 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Hmmm, for some reason it has the class of 'current_page_parent' but nothing is current_page.
How did you build the muni?
Old Jan 15, 2011, 06:43 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Except the page the home menu is pointing to is not the page you are on. I am not real clear on what you are trying to accomplish with all the top menu items going to another site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross_37
yes you are correct. What l was hopeing to achieve was that when you initially entered the blog it was highlighted like the hover telling people the page you were on or had entered to. Currently it is black
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:04 AM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
Use the WordPress menu system and create a custom menu item called home with a link to the site you want as in this screen shot.
I am also trying to make a link in the main navigation bar go to a different url. I have created a link in the menu section but I can only I see how I can add it as a widget to a sidebar.

WP 3.3.1 (yes I will upgrade shortly!!)
Ata 3.6.4

www.coscowichan.ca - I want a main menu link to
www.coscowichan.ca/generation/

The customers wanted two completely separated wordpress sites for reasons of their own.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:36 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Here is a screenshot of how you associate the menu you created with the %pages
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:37 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you uwe the WordPress Custom menus (dashboard->settings->menu) you can create a menu and add in menu items with external links. I've done this in our church web site to link between different sites within the church (main site, music site, preschool site) I added all the exernal links to one menu and use that as the Menu 2 (%cats) for all the sites (duplicated on each site of course)