Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Fresh install, theme settings are not working...HELP!!??

Old Mar 22, 2010, 12:12 AM
Masselyn

91 posts · Jan 2009
So. California
Hi:

I use this theme all the time, and have been active on the forum for awhile now, but this is a unique issue that I came across recently while setting up a blog for a client. I've never seen this happen before. The URL is below :

http://mylifesworkcoaching.com/wwblog/

and the theme is installed, no errors or obvious issues. I set the width to be 1000px, but it will not change at all? It remains 100% of the browser width, not to mention that when viewing in different browsers I get different results. In Firefox (Mac) everything looks okay other than the width being an issue, and in Safari (Mac) the whole blog has no formatting at all. No sidebar, no main content window, no thing other than text thrown in at the left-side of the browser window.

Can anyone take a look and let me know what you think? Why is this happening with a fresh install, either installed through the Admin panel or I downloaded the ZIP file from here and uploaded it. Neither way worked.

P.S. I am aware of the errors at the top, and that is only because I do not have a header in the images/header directory. Those errors have nothing to do with the formatting at all.

Thanks!!!!
Old Mar 22, 2010, 03:05 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
make sure that the header issue is not the problem. go to ATA-Header Image->Rotate header images with Javascript? and set it to '0'

The only thing in the page that looks vaguely like atahualpa is the style sheet

I looks the same in firefox or safari on my mac - bad
Old Mar 22, 2010, 09:44 AM
Masselyn

91 posts · Jan 2009
So. California
The problems existed even when I had JPGs in the header directory, and when going into Theme Options to make the change you mention below it already says "0". Another weird thing.

I was not sure what you meant by "the only thing in the page that looks vaguely like atahualpa"? It is that theme, were you indicating that another was installed? The the theme section, it shows that Atahualpa theme version 3.4.6.

I can not get the system to recognize when I change the width to 1000px. It will not adjust that, but if I remove a sidebar it updates. Or, if I change the background color of the center area it updates. It is just weird that the width will not. I have never seen this before, and have done many installs of this theme on different host companies.

Any other thoughts? If you want Admin access just let me know. I would appreciate any assistance as I love this theme and really want to use it and none other.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 10:00 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
something is not proper that's for sure. If you send me a PM with an id, I'll take a peek.

The reason I said "the only thing in the page that looks vaguely like atahualpa" is because I look at the generated source of the page and it is not a 'normal' page.

Things I'd check
1) is the wp-config.php pointing at the right DB
2) are teh wordpress dashboard->settings->general set properly
3) is ALL the theme in the theme folder - ie any modules missing
4) is this a different host than normal (what host?) and do they have any weird restrictions
Old Mar 22, 2010, 11:14 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
So I took a look at the site. the first thing I noticed is that all the theme modules have an extra line. There must be a translation issue (cr becoming a cr/lr).

However, that wasn't the problem, so I did a reset all on the theme options and - TaDa it's working.

You must have put something in The LOOP or somewhere else that was causing the error.