Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » ThemeFrame Presales »

Form capabilities and customizations of pages and posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mar 13, 2011, 09:48 PM
Walter

3 posts · Mar 2011
Form capabilities and customizations of pages and posts

Hello,

I'm wondering what are, or what will be with the formal release, the capabilities of TF for creating both forms and especially squeeze pages. I'm guessing it's pretty good at differentiating different pages, so a home page can be stylized and constructed differently than other pages, etc, but I'd like to know just what it can do for that. Also, I saw in an earlier post that it will soon be possible to create more than one main content column, for magazine style formats, so I'd like to find out if that indeed is happening now. I'm pretty impressed with what I can see in the preview video. Thanks.

Just thought of one more question. Is TF really more for developers rather than end users, or rather at least for more experienced end users? What I mean is, I don't have any previous experience creating themes, and it could take a while for me to figure out what is really a good design. Or I may get something mostly done, and then after I've installed the theme, decide it needs some changes. If I want to make changes to the design, or even minor styling changes, I need to make them in the program itself, and then re-install, right? Isn't that kind of a disruptive way to deal with designing, to be re-installing every time I want to change something? So I'm wondering if, for that reason, TF is the right thing for a person in my situation. If I do a reinstall a few times, or do it later on, isn't that kind of disruptive in terms of Google's view of my site? Please enlighten me how this all works. Thanks much.

Last edited by Walter; Mar 14, 2011 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Added another question