Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Setting background colors

Old Oct 9, 2009, 03:47 PM
dstorm

12 posts · Jul 2009
This simpilist things are getting frustrating here.
I also want to change the background color of the page in general - but nothing I change is seeming to do anything.
Thoughts
Mike
Old Oct 9, 2009, 03:52 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa and Wp?
Please show your URL
Where, and what are you doing to changethe background color?
Old Oct 9, 2009, 04:30 PM
dstorm

12 posts · Jul 2009
Sorry,
I really should have stuck this with the other question you are helping me with.
www.eotsphoto.com/TheBlog/
Just updated to the newest version today of ATA.
Background is just stuck at default white. I was going for a paper type background image and black, but (see other question) just does not seem to update. A background image would not load.
This is just odd. Trying to make the simpilist, generally automatic changes, and it is acting odd.
Mike
Old Oct 9, 2009, 07:20 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I always suggest that when you go to upgrade the theme, name the atahualpa folder for the release ie atahualpa333, atahualpa342, atahualpa344 etc, and place in in the theme folder with the other version you have. Now you can swap between the two easily till you have everything set.

Changing the theme should not cause a change to any of the settings, like background, unless you are pointing at an image and don't have that image in the new folder - this is your problem, the image
'bkgrnd_photo1.jpg' isn't in the /TheBlog/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/ folder

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 11, 2009 at 09:55 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 11:18 AM
dstorm

12 posts · Jul 2009
Ok,
but in filezilla, it is sitting in that directory. Just looked a second ago. It is the only .jpg image in the dir. Could this be the problem - extension? I wouldn't think so. But the file is sitting there.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 09:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You may have a permission issue for teh file, but if you type in the full pagh name
HTML Code:
http://eotsphoto.com/TheBlog/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header/bkgrnd_photo1.jpg
I get a 404 - File not found

If you want me to loook at it send me a PM with an FTP id and PW