Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] How should top level "button" work on a menu bar?

View Poll Results: Clicking on a Menu Bar "button" named "Pages" should take you to a page named:
Pages 0 0%
Page No. 1 (the 1st dropdown choice under "Pages" 2 100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 14, 2009, 10:55 AM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Bristol, midcoast Maine USA
Looking at Andy's (shedhed) website http://www.rhodieridgeback.com cited in an adjoining thread, I noticed that if you click on a top level "button caption" on his site, Eg. "The Pro Stuff" on Andy's site, you go to the first dropdown page, "Louis' Pedigree."

But, if you look at my website http://www.hatchtown.com and click on menu bar top level button "Tools", you go to a page "Tools", NOT the first dropdown choice which is "Spindles"

Which method is better? ...more common? Is there a way to make the Atahualpa menu bars behave like Andy's?

Last edited by Shepherd Jim; Mar 14, 2009 at 11:00 AM. Reason: correction for clarity
Old Mar 14, 2009, 01:18 PM
shedhed

52 posts · Mar 2009
Bramhall, UK
I use a plugin for that - it's called "Page Links To" by Mark Jaquith.

http://txfx.net/code/wordpress/page-links-to/

I then redirect the top level menu page to the first sub level page.

Hope that helps.

Andy
Old Mar 14, 2009, 02:30 PM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Bristol, midcoast Maine USA
Thanks Andy! I'll be checking that out pretty quick now.

It's not necessarilly that we do not want there to be a top level page. It's that we're concerned that people might not even know there's a page there and would always "miss" it by assuming they had to move down and select one the sub levels.

But then, of course, we feel that IF someone does choose the top level page, there should be some sort of menu/nav facility ON that page enabling to then go on to the sub levelp pages without having to go back up to the menu bar.