Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] Page Lenght Affecting Layout

Old Oct 21, 2009, 04:24 PM
Dick

9 posts · Oct 2009
Dear Forum,

URL www.cal2cal.eu

I'm still having a problem with the page container resizing due to the lenght of pages. Currently using FireFox

Please switch between client page and anyother page to see problem.

I've tried the following with no luck:
There's a setting Style & Edit FOOTER -> Sticky Footer on short pages?

Set this to yes and edit js.php

if (jQuery.browser.msie || jQuery.browser.safari) {
var bfacompensate = 41;
} else {
var bfacompensate = 21;
}

Add or remove (not sure right now whether you need to add or remove) 5 from both these numbers to make short pages have a browser scrollbar too.
Don't want to add blank space per page to solve problem..!

Last edited by Dick; Oct 21, 2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 06:17 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the site is showing a 'down for maintenance' page
Old Oct 22, 2009, 08:17 AM
Dick

9 posts · Oct 2009
Apologies - Site now open
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:07 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
this is one of those 'that's the way browsers work' issues.

If you reduce the font size (in Safaria, I can hit shift-control-and the minus key) the page gets smaller and everything fits so the scroll bar goes away (In firefox, just use VIEW-ZOOM OUT)

If you make it perfict for someone with a 800X600 monitor and someone zooms in, the scroll bar will showup, and if you didn't have the scroll bar, how would you see the info that is below the bottom of the page?
Old Oct 22, 2009, 04:06 PM
Dick

9 posts · Oct 2009
Thank you for your time and effort and honest answer, I'll make all the pages long. Thanks