Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Navigation menu disappearing behind embedded YouTube videos on page

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 24, 2011, 04:41 PM
Eric Bobrow

70 posts · Jan 2009
Navigation menu disappearing behind embedded YouTube videos on page

Hi -

My navigation menu was disappearing behind YouTube videos placed on the page in both Firefox and Chrome (Mac). I haven't looked at other browsers, but it probably was similar.

I added the following code to the ATO HTML/CSS Inserts to try to fix it:
ul.rMenu li:hover {
z-index: 99999; /* make sure this and any sub-menus that pop
appear above everything else on the page */
}

(The original code had the z-index at 999.)

This fixed the problem in Firefox but not in Chrome for pages with YouTube videos like this one:

http://www.bobrow.com/archicad-tutor...rites-palette/

Any ideas what I can do?

Eric

P.S. I also have a styling issue re my menus, that gets particularly noticeable when I have a submenu (see my menu ArchiCAD Tutorials > Videos submenu). There are a few pixels of extra whitespace around the colored menu background, creating a strange gap. I'm sure this is a simple CSS styling thing, but I haven't been able to figure it out. It looks ugly, and I'd love to clean this up.