Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Simple RSS Feed -widget gives large font with Atahualpa 3.7.9

Old Nov 8, 2012, 07:57 AM
DikkieDick

4 posts · Mar 2012
[SOLVED] Simple RSS Feed -widget gives large font with Atahualpa 3.7.9

Also with the 'old' one.
On my site I installed and use the Simple RSS Feed-widget to show some stuff, but unfortunately the feed-entries show up with a very large font. If I use the Twenty-Eleven-theme it looks like the way I would like, but with Atahualpa not.
For an example see http://blog.dickpluim.com and on the left site at the bottom you can see what I mean.

Another thing: everytime I update the theme I have to copy the pictures from the header back as they always get overwritten (when updating from within WP).

Thanx in advance.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 08:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
this is where you use a tool like the FireBug Extension in irefox to examine the lelment and see what CSS is being applied. Then you can change that css to what you want to use.

It took me two minutes to determine what the issue is so it shouldn't take you long to find it.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 09:08 AM
DikkieDick

4 posts · Mar 2012
I've installed Firebug. Did also some inspecting in IE, and tried adding some stuff to the CSS (through the admin-panel of WP) but without success. After installing Firebug and checking I can't seem to find it unfortunately, so if you would like to give me a clue it would be appreciated. Thanx in advance.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 09:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
take a look at this
Click image for larger version

Name:	hint.jpg
Views:	1264
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	2099
Old Nov 8, 2012, 10:05 AM
DikkieDick

4 posts · Mar 2012
Yep, thanx. I already found out that somewhere the h3-heading showed up, and was trying to remove/modify that in the css but still without success. I'm familiar with a lot of stuff but unfortunately less with css. :-(

So how would I solve this in CSS Stylesheet Editor in the themesettings?

Bit later: SOLVED by modifying wp-simple-rss-feed-reader.php and removing h3 from the line which displays the link.

Last edited by DikkieDick; Nov 8, 2012 at 10:36 AM. Reason: solved