Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Excerpt length doesn't work...

Old Sep 1, 2009, 08:45 AM
utkukaynar

1 posts · Sep 2009
Hi,

I have a blog in adress http://www.utkukaynar.com and I want to show a certain length excerpt in front page and other multi post pages.

Problem is, even though I changed excerpt length value in Atahualpa theme options/Configure Excerpts page, excerpts are still 55 characters long. Same on category, tag and home pages.

I'm using 3.41 with WP 2.8.4, anyone has an idea on how to solve this?

Regards,
Old Sep 1, 2009, 07:15 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I suggest that you update to 3.4.2, we need to focus on the current and next version
Old Sep 10, 2009, 07:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
In order for the ATO->Configure EXCERPTS->Excerpt Length to be applied, you must not have a entry in the POST->EXCERPT

Also the number ATO->Configure EXCERPTS->Excerpt Length is number of WORDS not CHARACTERS