Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Multisite page menu coloring?

Old Dec 12, 2010, 01:18 AM
blaa

3 posts · Dec 2010
Multisite page menu coloring?

Hi, I did not ask anything till now, I solved my problems related to Atahualpa, which is a great theme anyway.

But now, I spent several hours to find out how I can coloring my multisite's page menu, but I could not!

http://fotiref.com/aktualis/

This is a 4 pages multisite WP 3.0.2 + Atahualpa latest, my problem is that I cant color the actual upper custom page menu where I am, it is colored after I click it, but if I click on the left widget menu any item, then the upper menu color disappear, maybe I can call it "highlighting" !

Any ideas?

I already inserted into ATO CSS:

Here it is, but it is only highlight until I click on any widget menu item:

/* ================================================ */
/* how to highlight parent of current page */
ul.rMenu li.current-menu-item a:link,
ul.rMenu li.current-menu-item a:active,
ul.rMenu li.current-menu-item a:hover,
ul.rMenu li.current-menu-item a:visited,
ul.rMenu li.current-menu-item {
background: #DBCB9A !important;
color: #382A06 !important;
}
/* ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ */

and it is making bold fonts on the active menu item:

/* how to highlight current menu in sidebar widget */
div.widget li.current-menu-item a:link,
div.widget li.current-menu-item a:active,
div.widget li.current-menu-item a:hover,
div.widget li.current-menu-item a:visited,
div.widget li.current-menu-item {
font-weight: bold !important;
}

I dont know how can I figure out which site I'm on after clicking widget menu?

Thank you, Zsolt from Hungary

Last edited by blaa; Dec 12, 2010 at 01:20 AM.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 05:02 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
When you click on the page name in the menu bar, a 'class' is assigned to the item called 'current-menu-item'. This can be used in the CSS to hi-light this element.

When you click on an item in the sidebar and going to a new page, is no longer the 'current-menu-item' so that class is removed and the hi-light does not show.

In order for the menu item at the top to remain hi-lighted, the linked page from the sidebar would have to be a sub-menu item in the menubar at the top of the page.

I assume you have used the new WP menu to build the top menu, so Atahualpa is not controlling what gets built there.

This would be a great ides if WordPress would have some class assigned when you request the menu, to show the current site. You may want to post this request at wordpress.org
Old Dec 13, 2010, 01:20 AM
blaa

3 posts · Dec 2010
Thanks for your reply.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 01:14 AM
blaa

3 posts · Dec 2010
Is there any idea, how can I add a class to rmenu? I see that the upper horizontal menu is an rmenu from Atahualpa...

Zsolt
Old Dec 14, 2010, 05:24 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you will have to edit the theme code in bfa_hor_pages.php (keep notes so you can do it again each upgrade)