Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

css insert for custom widget

Old Nov 11, 2010, 09:49 AM
mythical54

11 posts · Nov 2010
I have created a custom widget in the centre column.
I have managed to create a css insert to customise it - widget is called 'Beginners"

I cannot find out how to create an insert to customise the Title??

Any help?

Alan
Old Nov 11, 2010, 12:12 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Do you mean you created a custom widget area in the centre column and put a widget in it? If so what widget did you use? You would have to determine the title selector for that particular widget.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 11:56 AM
mythical54

11 posts · Nov 2010
Yes I think thats what I did. You have to know that when I was young a two button digital watch that showed the date as well as the time was cutting edge.

Then put the following in the HTML/css inserts box from which I can set the attributes of the box.

http://www.contemporarycollegeofhomeopathy.com

div#beginners div.widget {
background: #989B9B;
margin:0 auto;
width: 60%;
margin: 5px 0 15px 5px;
border: solid 1px black}

What I don't know is what to put in there to set the attributes of the title area of that widget.

Alan
Old Nov 14, 2010, 04:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
This is what the code for your widget produces
HTML Code:
<div id="beginners" class="bfa_widget_area">
	<div id="text-7" class="widget widget_text">
		<div class="widget-title">
			<h3>Weekend Beginners Courses &amp; Open Days</h3>
		</div>			
		<div class="textwidget">
			<strong>Our next weekend course forbeginners is Dec 4/5th 2010.</strong>
			Learn more about homeopathy and how to treat common ailments for family and friends <a href="http://www.contemporarycollegeofhomeopathy.com/?page_id=21"> read more... »</a>
			<br/>
			<strong>Dates for 2011 are - Feb 13 2011 (1 day course), April 2/3, June 4/5th.</strong>
		</div>
	</div>
</div>
note the class="widget-title"? you can use that to style the title
#beginners .widget-title {....}
Old Nov 14, 2010, 09:56 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Quote:
You have to know that when I was young a two button digital watch that showed the date as well as the time was cutting edge.
When I was young the only digital watches I could get were kits you ordered from Popular Mechanics. They were black LED watches with just the time.

BTW it looks like you got your styling figured out.