Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

FTP images showing in uploads directory but not in media gallery

Old Jan 22, 2010, 03:53 PM
mmqc2

25 posts · Oct 2009
Hi

I've worked at this for hours and reached the heeeelp stage.

I am using cyberduck to ftp images to my wp-content uploads folder. They ftp fine, but do not show up in my media gallery.

However when I delete images in my media gallery, they do indeed disappear from my uploads folder.

If you have any ideas as to what's going on - I'd love to hear them!http://forum.bytesforall.com/images/...s/confused.gif

Many thanks

Nicole
Old Jan 22, 2010, 06:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Atahualpa uses images in the header area that must be FTPed to the atahualpa/images/header folder. These images are seperate from the images that are used by the WordPress media code.

The images in wp-content/uploads/yyyy/mm are put there when you use the WordPress media 'add' function'. This media code is not the most sophisticated. there are several other media plugins (nextgen) gallery) that do allow you to ftp images and then they scan the folders to build the media gallery's they use.