Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Want Slideshow on home page but not others

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 23, 2015, 02:21 PM
justme

22 posts · Feb 2014
Want Slideshow on home page but not others

Hello,

I want to display a large slideshow on the homepage of the website I am working on, but use smaller static banners on other top level pages and no banner on listing pages. You provided me with information on how to change the image container size on different pages (or eliminate it), and I found out how to display different static header images on pages, but not how to keep the slideshow on the Home page.

I placed <div id="imagecontainer" class="header-image-container"></div> in Style & Edit Header/Configure Header

and
body.page-id-26 div#imagecontainer {
background-position:left top;
background-repeat;
height:400px;
margin:0;
padding:0;
position:relative;
}

body.page-id-26 div.header-image-container-pre {height: 400px;}
body.page-id-26 div#imagecontainer {
background-image: url(http://capaytest.artnsoil.com/wp-con...-images/header)

in Add HTML/CSS Inserts

id-26 is my homepage.
The header directory contains the images I want to display in the home page slideshow. My smaller 200 pixel static headers are in a different directory and are displaying fine.

Please tell me if there is a way to keep my slideshow in the homepage of the header.
The code above displays nothing in the image container unless I specify a particular .jpg in the header directory, as I have presently done on the website.

I suspect the background-repeat; is not correct. I changed this from the forum example, which was intended for not displaying the slideshow (I removed the "no-repeat"). Is there particular code to display the slideshow?

the website is at: http://www.capaytest.artnsoil.com

Advice is greatly appreciated.