Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Page Menu drop down modification - remove arrows & extra space

Old Feb 24, 2010, 03:11 PM
jakobsmith

32 posts · Feb 2010
Copenhagen
I searched high and low for a solution to set the margin and padding of the dropdown menu sub items and found it here. Great! Thanks!

This did it for me:

HTML Code:
div#menu1 ul.rMenu-ver li {
margin: 0px;
padding: 3px;
}
Old Feb 25, 2010, 04:21 PM
joshsweiss

36 posts · Feb 2010
These issues are SOLVED

I'm having trouble with this. Site: http://www.artcurvedstraight.org/home

- My images have all been replaced with 1x1.
- I have tried the above in post #26.

But, Firebug is still telling me that my right-padding is 15. This really throws off the appearance of the menus. I've learned a lot about styling menus in Atahualpa over the last few days, but this is the final hurrah for me.

Questions:

1. SOLVED: How can I reduce the right padding on ALL of my li items in the menus, both horizontal and vertical?
taken from: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=6033

/*---drop down arrows-----------------------------------*/
div#menu1 ul.rMenu-hor li.rMenu-expand a {
background-image: none;
padding-right: 3px !important;
}
div#menu2 ul.rMenu-hor li.rMenu-expand a {
background-image: none;
padding-right: 3px !important;
}

2. (please please ) How can I reduce the sub-menu width of 7 to less than 7? You will see on my site the width throws off the design, as I have observed on other Atahualpa sites as well. The edges just stick out too far.

2a. SOLVED: Alternately, could I style ALL of the parent items to match that width of 7, so the red outlines lined up, and all menu items were a standard width?
taken from: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=1986

ul.rMenu li {width: 11em;}

Any advice please? Flynn/Juggledad or any other users?

Thanks so much!
Josh

Last edited by joshsweiss; Feb 25, 2010 at 05:03 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 04:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
so are you all set?
Old Feb 26, 2010, 10:54 PM
joshsweiss

36 posts · Feb 2010
Not quite. I still would really like to be able to do this:

2. (please please ) How can I reduce the sub-menu width of 7 to less than 7? You will see on my site the width throws off the design, as I have observed on other Atahualpa sites as well. The edges just stick out too far.

but I think the answer will be I can't? is it possible through a php hack? I'm enjoying getting through this stuff, and posting my answers as I go.

thanks!
Old Mar 10, 2011, 04:50 PM
anthonyr

25 posts · Oct 2010
Hello,

I am sorry if this was explained earlier but my coding is not up to par...I am trying to move my subpage icon. As I click on the parent page my submenu appears just fine but the subpage is down and to the right and it is 1 out of 10 that I can access that submenu....quite frustrating...So can I move the submenu to be able to click on it more easily?
Old Mar 10, 2011, 06:26 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa? What version of WP?
What is your URL?
are you using a custom WordPress or Atahualpa menu?
Is this the page or cat menu?
what do you have in the 'Configure Header area' option?
Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:10 AM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
Perhaps on the next version, removing the arrows entirely could be an option, since none of my customers have ever wanted them.

I was hoping against hope that

.page_item page-item-11{
width:125px;
}

would standardize them all, but no such luck.