Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Can't output shortcode when customizinf footer.php

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 28, 2013, 09:05 AM
UTAN_dev

5 posts · May 2013
Can't output shortcode when customizinf footer.php

I installed the Sponsors Carousel plugin and am having trouble getting the carousel to appear on my site. Using the UI, I added the following to Montezuma's footer.php:
HTML Code:
<!-- debug --><pre>
<?php echo sponsors_carousel(); ?>
</pre><!-- debug -->

<div id="footer-bg">
etc…
My changes do appear — a dotted area indicates the <pre> block and, if I add "Hello world" inside the <pre> area, it appears on the page. My problem:
PHP Code:
<?php echo sponsors_carousel(); ?>
outputs nothing.

I tried replacing the PHP with the plugin's shortcode equivalent:
PHP Code:
<?php echo do_shortcode ('[sponsors_carousel]'); ?>
And nothing showed up. I tried another plugin to ensure the problem didn't lie with Sponsors Carousel:
PHP Code:
<?php echo do_shortcode ('[table id=3 /]'); ?>
This leads me to think the issue is related to the theme. What's going on?

Thanks!