Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] How to decrease size of Widget Title font

Old Mar 7, 2009, 08:43 AM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Bristol, midcoast Maine USA
frustrating, thought I knew how to do this.

I can see that Widget Titles are formatted as h3. I went onto the Atahualpa "Widgets" option page and in the "Widget Title" box I added

text-size: 50%; to the

text-align: center; that was already there.

The size of the widget titles displayed did not change.

Please help! Tnx TTFN
Old Mar 7, 2009, 09:00 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
It's font-size

Also, Xem will provide better control. % will always be based on whatever the font size of a parent container is. Example.

font-size: 1.2em;
Old Mar 7, 2009, 12:17 PM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Bristol, midcoast Maine USA
Oh! font-size ...shucks! I knew that!

And I just RE-discovered that you're not allowed to have a space (" ") between the number and the "em" (eg. "font-size: .8 em;" does not work nearly as well as "font-size: .8em;" ...not nearly

Also, thanks for the tip re not using % to spec the font size. I was trying too hard to be clever. I guess the % size thing is more applicable when sizing boxes/objects.

As always! Thank you, Flynn!
Old Mar 8, 2009, 02:25 PM
ldaily

8 posts · Mar 2009
Flynn & Jim:

I am trying to do the same thing, reduce the headers in my left and right size widgets. But I'm no techie so apologies. Can you tell me where exactly you are finding these boxes to note the change in size? Also what is the default font-size so I can reduce from there. I just want mine to be a wee bit smaller. Thanks for any step-by-step instructions you can provide. I don't have a clue about writing code but have found almost all of Flynn's instructions on the actual theme to be fairly straightforward. But this time I'm just as a loss.

Laura
Old Mar 8, 2009, 02:34 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You can change this by adding

HTML Code:
font-size: X.Xem;
to the textarea at Atahualpa Theme Options -> Widgets -> Widget Title

The widget titles don't have an individual setting by default. They get the overall font-size for <h3> titles, which is 1.6em

To change the widget titles a bit, you'd use something like

HTML Code:
font-size: 1.5em;