Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

[SOLVED] How to Add Meta for Categories with Bytes For All SEO Options Enabled?

Old Nov 29, 2011, 12:05 PM
New WordPress Fan

141 posts · Jul 2010
[SOLVED] How to Add Meta for Categories with Bytes For All SEO Options Enabled?

We are using Atahualpa 3.5.1 and WordPress 3.0.4.

Under ATO > Configure SEO > Bytes For All SEO Options? - we have selected "Yes." This provides meta fields (meta title, meta description, etc.) in the create or edit screens for all post pages and all page page -- which is great! (Filling in the Meta Title field makes the titles show properly in browsers and prevents code (e.g. for "&" or “—“ from showing up in browsers.)

However, Bytes For All SEO Options does not supply meta fields for Categories. Consequently, our Category pages are displaying in browsers with code showing (e.g. “&#8211” rather than “—“ or “&” rather than “&”).

If we disable (select "No") for Bytes For All SEO Options, however, the Category page titles render normally in browsers.

Is there any way to fix this so Category page titles will show normally with Bytes For All SEO Options enabled?

We tried the WP Category Meta plugin. But it does not seem to work with Bytes For All SEO Options enabled.

Thanks for help!
Old Nov 29, 2011, 12:25 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I seem to remember something and there might be a patch, but I'd recommend upgrading. Atahualpa is now at 3.7.3
Old Nov 29, 2011, 12:33 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Perhaps one of the SEO plugins would help. For instance WordPress SEO by Yoast.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 08:58 AM
New WordPress Fan

141 posts · Jul 2010
Thank you both. I'd be very interested in finding the patch for Bytes For All SEO Options that you mentioned, Juggledad, without upgrading the version of Atahualpa we are now using. We have a very large, stable site with many plugins, so I'd rather not risk an upgrade right now.

Bytes For All SEO Options specifically says that it should not be used with any other SEO plugins, so I'd like to find the Categories patch for Bytes For All SEO Options, before ditching it and going to other plugins, if possible.

Any ideas where I could find the patch?

Many thanks!
Old Dec 3, 2011, 10:23 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
look thru the 'Old Version fixes and change logs' forum
Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:59 AM
New WordPress Fan

141 posts · Jul 2010
Many thanks, Juggledad! Our technical advisor fixed the problem by changing some code in bfa_meta_tags.php.