Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Weird Pages Menu issue - One menu on Home page, another everywhere else

Old Mar 14, 2015, 04:06 PM
markzip

60 posts · Jan 2010
WP 4.4.1
Atahualpa 3.7.15
www.indonesiaetc.com

My Header section in ATO is
Code:
%logo %image %bar2 %bar2 %bar2 %pages %bar2 %bar2
And there should be 11 items on my "Pages" menu. 10 pages and a "Home". I am not using a Custom Menu

When a non-signed in reader (ie. a regular person) goes to the home page at www.indonesiaetc.com they see no extra bars above and below and only 10 items (9 pages and Home). In this order:
HOME MEDIA EVENTS SLIDESHOWS VIDEOS REFERENCES ABOUT CONTACT DONATE
The page called "Ebook" is missing.

BUT, when they go to another page, say "Events" at http://indonesiaetc.com/events/ they get the correct menu with the extra bars above and below and all 11 items and in the correct order:
HOME EBOOK MEDIA VIDEOS SLIDESHOWS EVENTS REFERENCES ABOUT CONTACT DONATE

If I try it on my browser which is signed in to the WP back-end I get the correct menu even on the Home page.
If I try it on any of my other browsers, and am signed out, I get incorrect results.
If I take one of the previously signed-out browsers and now sign in to the WP back-end, I get the correct result.
If I try it on my laptop (Chrome, FF) I get the same results as on my desktop (ie. incorrect)
If I try it on my phone (Dolphin, Chrome) I get the correct results.
All of the above are on the same network.

My friend across town (thus a different network) gets the same result on FF and Mac OSX

I have gone through each page which is supposed to be on the menu and assigned page order values the way I want them (eBook=2, Media=3, Videos=4, etc.)
I have turned off all caching on the site. There is an old .htaccess file in root, left over from the caching plugin, could it be this? How could that explain both new and old menus being visble on the same site?

I have no idea what to try next.

Thanks

Last edited by markzip; Mar 14, 2015 at 04:07 PM. Reason: tags
Old Mar 14, 2015, 07:11 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Is the page in question a private page?
Old Mar 14, 2015, 11:38 PM
markzip

60 posts · Jan 2010
Thnks for the reply.
Not private, no.
Tested it again on yet another phone, same result. All well and got the correct menus throughout all pages.
I think i'm going to bite the bullet and get rid of all old .htaccess items in root and start from scratch with a new .htaccess. But I'll admit to being nervous about it.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 11:43 PM
markzip

60 posts · Jan 2010
Looks like that did it. Made a completely new htaccess from scratch, ftp'd it to root and all is well.

That is a weird one.

Marking this ticket closed. Hope this post shows up in search if anyone else has the same thing in the future.