Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

Alternate Post Styling for Different Authors?

Old May 19, 2009, 11:48 AM
stuffman

3 posts · May 2009
I'm setting up a blog for the store I work at, which has different departments set up as different authors (mainly the Deli and the rest of the store). The question is, is it possible to have the different authors' posts styled differently. For instance, I'd like the deli's posts to feature the deli logo and colors while the other departments use the regular theme.

Is it possible to use alternate CSS classes based on the author of the content?

Thanks for your help!
Old May 19, 2009, 09:10 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
This will be possible in WP 2.8 which is coming soon. It'll add the author name to the classes for the <BODY> tag

There's already body classes in Atahualpa 3.3.3 but it does not include the author name yet
Old May 20, 2009, 05:30 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Until the changes in WP 2.8 come along, you could accomplish this using custom templates for each author.

My newspaper has some columnists who want their photo and contact information at the bottom of each of their posts, so I made custom post templates for them. That works great.
Old May 21, 2009, 11:37 AM
stuffman

3 posts · May 2009
Thanks guys.

Until then, I was thinking about editing the index.php to spit out different <div> tags for the different authors so I can further edit the style.css to apply different styles. For instance, instead of <div class="post">, have it make <div class="post-store">, <div class="post-deli">, etc and give them all separately defined css atributes. The only thing is I can't figure out how to access whatever variable contains the current post's author name. Any help or other suggestions?
Old May 21, 2009, 11:42 AM
stuffman

3 posts · May 2009
Of course, I figured it out like 10 seconds after I posted that