Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Running WordPress » Installing & running WordPress »

Contributors having problems with Dashboard

Old Apr 25, 2009, 09:02 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
For our community newspaper using WP 2.7.1 and Atahualpa, we have articles posted by many "citizen journalists." They are working from home, using a variety of computers, monitors and browsers, different methods of word processing, etc.

Some folks report that they can't see the whole dashboard area. One man says he can't see the whole row of WYSIWYG icons above the text entry box. I moved the most important ones toward the left, to help him out.

Other than advising him and others to tighten up their monitor resolution and make sure their browser window is fully open, I don't know what else to tell them. Any ideas? Anybody here have that problem? I have my screen resolution on both laptop and stand-alone monitors set pretty high.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 10:12 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Javascript should be enabled (it probably is, but just in case), and a current version of Safari or Firefox should be used. Browser type and version can make a difference in the TinyMCE editor (which WordPress is using)

The TinyMCE buttons issue sound like the browser viewport is not 1024 pix, or it is, but a vertical toolbar or something is enabled, i.e. for bookmarks. Also, the 2nd row of TinyMCE buttons can be turned on/off with ALT+Shift+Z or by clicking the "Kitchen Sink" button.

And, the vertical Wordpress admin menu can be toggled to a narrow icon-only menu bar with fly-out sub menus on hover, by clicking the little arrows inside the vertical menu bar. See attached image
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	toggleflyoutwordpressmenu.gif
Views:	1659
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	104  
Old Apr 25, 2009, 02:09 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Thanks. Yup, I knew about toggling those options, but I don't know if our contributors do. I've already made a how-to video for entering posts, so maybe I should do one about this too!