Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Listing Authors in Sidebar

Old Jan 29, 2009, 08:35 PM
jdittert

2 posts · Jan 2009
I'm starting a multi-author blog with this theme, and I would like to have a list of authors (with links to their profile pages) in the sidebar. I would also like each article to contain "by soandso" at the top with a link to their profile page. Essentially, I want it to act like this blog: http://www.musicteachershelper.com/blog

Is there a way to do this easily with this theme?. Also, is there a way to get "by soandso" to show up on posts but not on pages?
Old Jan 30, 2009, 05:44 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The "by soandso" part can be configured extensively (incl. differently for posts and pages) at Atahualpa Theme Options -> Post/Page Info Items

Re: authors in sidebar:

In header.php (for the left sidebar) or footer.php (for the right sidebar), find this:

PHP Code:
if ( !function_exists('dynamic_sidebar') || !dynamic_sidebar(1) ) : 
(the number in there will be "2" for right sidebar)

and put this right after it

PHP Code:
<div class="widget">
<div class="widget-title"><h3>Authors</h3></div>
<div class="widget-content">
<?php wp_list_authors(); ?>
</div>
</div>
If you don't want to show a widget title, use this instead

PHP Code:
<div class="widget">
<div class="widget-content">
<?php wp_list_authors(); ?>
</div></div>
See http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_...p_list_authors for output options, i.e. whether to show the amount of published posts each author has.

Last edited by Flynn; Jan 30, 2009 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Second sample was missing a closing </div>
Old Jan 30, 2009, 08:36 AM
jdittert

2 posts · Jan 2009
Thanks a lot Flynn!
Old Jun 25, 2009, 12:15 PM
nikkidev

5 posts · Mar 2009
Hi Flynn. I'm using Athahualpa 3.3.3 and have tried adding the code to list authors immediately after the ':' of
'if ( !function_exists('dynamic_sidebar') || !dynamic_sidebar(1) ) : ' statement but this results in an Internal Server Error. If I put the code after the 'endif; ?>', I get the list of authors but with normal round bullet points instead of the rectangular styled ones of the theme and the list isn't indented to match the widgets in that sidebar. I would also like to have control over where the author list appears in relation to other widgets in the sidebar.
Sorry if I'm missing the obvious.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 12:24 AM
frankiben123

1 posts · Jun 2009
thanks for the post......