Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

How to change the menu

Old Jun 7, 2009, 03:35 PM
dpdoug

3 posts · Jun 2009
Where is the menu located in the code? And could I possibly add my own menu?

Also if I wanted to just turn the menu off or omit certain menu items, how would I do that?

One other question, I hope you don't ming it being off the subject here. But is there any way to create a new page and not have the name of the page at the top of the content section? If I save it with no name then it doesn't show up on the menu at the top. How do I get around this?

Thanks!

David

PS: sorry about all the questions, I'm a newby when it comes to working with wordpress. By the way, congrats on the great theme. I looked around quite a lot to find one that suited my needs -- yours is the best!!
Old Jun 8, 2009, 01:08 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you don't want the menu bar, make sure to remove '%pages' from ATO->Header->Configure Header Area.

Other options effecting the menu bar are in the 'Page Menu Bar' and 'Caregory Menu Bar' tabs
Old Jun 14, 2009, 08:42 PM
dpdoug

3 posts · Jun 2009
I have my own custom menu I want to use. If the page were HTML code I could figure out where to place it. But with all the php files I have no idea where it adds the menu in. Obviously it inserts the menu from somewhere server-side in a php file (probably draws on information from the database).

I'd like to put my own custom menu there... but where in the code does the menu get inserted?

Thanks!
Old Jun 15, 2009, 05:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
see bfa_header_config.php